Application training for the GE Vivid T8:
Our on-staff sonographer can provide onsite applications training at a set price plus travel costs.
GE Vivid T8 Service options:
Free technical support is available from Ultrasound Supply during installation and over the course of the standard limited warranty. Technical support is available after the warranty period at an hourly cost per issue.
GE Vivid T8 Maintenance:
Ultrasound Supply recommends the use of a surge protector along with a dedicated power outlet. Probes should be disinfected after every use with a disinfectant wipe proven not to damage the lens.
GE Vivid T8 FAQ:
Dimensions and Weight
– Keyboard: 500 mm (19.7 in)
– Caster: 720 mm (28.3 in)
– Maximum: 810 mm (31.9 in)
– Caster: 800 mm (31.5 in)
– Maximum: 1495 mm (58.9 in)
– Minimum: 1410 mm (55.5 in)
• Weight: 58 kg, 128 lbs
GE Vivid T8 Specifications:
• Digital beamformer with up to 193,536 effective digital channels
• Displayed imaging depth: 0 – 30 cm
• Minimum depth of field: 0 – 2 cm
• Maximum depth of field: 0 – 33 cm
• Continuous dynamic receive
• Adjustable dynamic range
up to 120 dB
GE Vivid T8 Electrical power:
• Nominal input voltage:
100-240 VAC, frequency 50/60 Hz
• Power consumption maximum:
400 VA with peripherals
GE Vivid T8 Review:
The GE vivid T8 incorporates the architecture of GE’s bestsellers, the Vivid S6 and the Vivid S5 and of the new Logiq F sereis. The software features were developed and integrated based on the Vivid S6 and S5, but the hardware was prepared based on GE’s new economic platform; the Logiq F series.
The GE Vivid T8 integrates almost all of the Vivid S6’s in-depth cardiovascular options such as Tissue Synchronization Imaging, Automated Function Imaging (AFI), Auto EF, Strain & Strain Rate Imaging, LVO Contrast, Smart Stress, Z scores for Pediatric cardiac, Q-Analysis and adult TEE. To be identical to the GE Vivid S6, additional cardiac sector and TEE options for pediatric and neonatal echocardiography would be needed.
The GE Vivid T8 can be used for general imaging applications except for 3D/4D. Other general features of the GE Vivid T8 are identical to the GE Logiq F8. The GE Vivid T8 also includes Scan Assistant, a feature not found on the Vivid S6 that can improve the operators’ workflow by dramatically decreasing the number of key strokes needed.
GE Vivid T8 Features:
• 19″ high-resolution LCD
• 8.4″ high-resolution, color, touch screen
• Four active probe ports
• ECG port
• Integrated HDD (500G)
• Multiple USB ports
• Integrated locking mechanism that
provides rolling lock and caster
• Integrated cable management
• Removable air filters
• Front and rear handles
• One integrated gel holder
• Six probe holders
(two optional, four standard)
• Color M-mode
• Tissue velocity M-mode
• Tissue M-mode
• Anatomical M-mode
• Tissue velocity imaging
• Tissue Doppler imaging
• Spatial Compound imaging
• Image archive
• Z scores
• Fetal trending
• Renal calculations
• On-board report package
GE Vivid T8 Peripheral Options:
• Sony Digital UP-D711 Termal Printer
• Sony Fixture Kit for Digital UP-D711 Thermal Printer
• Sony Digital UP-D25 Color Thermal Printer
• Sony Digital UP-D897 BW Thermal Printer
• Mitsubishi P93W/E Thermal Printer
• Mitsubishi P95DW Thermal Printer
• Footswitch MKF2-MED USB GP26
• USB ECG Kits (AHA/IEC)
GE Vivid T8 Supplies:
• Aquasonic ultrasound gel
• Sono ultrasound wipes
• Console Protective Cover
• Sony UPP-110HG thermal printing paper
• Sony UPC-21L color thermal printing pack
• Mitsubishi KP95HG thermal roll paper (new)
• Mitsubishi KP65HM-CE High density thermal paper
• External USB printer connection
GE Vivid T8 ports:
• Composite color video output
• S-Video output
• VGA output (SXGA resolution)
• Audio stereo output
• 100BASE-TX ethernet (RJ45)
• USB (3x in rear, 3 under keyboard)
• AC Power Input
• Probe connectors
GE Vivid T8 image storage:
• Storage formats:
– DICOM – Compressed/uncompressed,
single/multi-frame, with/without raw data
– “Save As” JPEG, MPEG, AVI
• Storage devices:
– USB memory stick: 8 GB
– CD-RW storage: 700 MB
– DVD storage: -R (4.7 GB)
– Hard drive storage: 500 GB
GE Vivid T8 Applications:
• Small Parts
• Vascular/Peripheral Vascular
• Cardiac(Adult & Pediatric)
• TEE, & Stress Echo
GE Vivid T8 FAQs:
• Auto Optimization is a one-touch image optimization function that a user to optimize the image based on the actual B-mode image or Pulse wave Doppler data. The function works based on preset levels (Low, Medium, and High) and allows user to pick a preference for the contrast enhancement in the resulting image. Low does the least amount of contrast enhancement, high does the most. Auto Optimization is available in single or multi image, on live, frozen or CINE images (in B-Mode only), while in zoom, and in Spectral Doppler. Auto Optimization in PW Doppler Mode optimizes the spectral data. Auto adjusts the Velocity Scale (live imaging only), baseline shift, dynamic range, and invert (if preset). Upon deactivation, the spectrum is still optimized.
• CrossBeam (Spatial Compounding Imaging) obtains real time sonographic information from several different angles of insonation and combines them to produce a single image. CrossBeam helps reducing speckle artifacts, enhancing mass margin delineation, and improving anatomical details.
• SRI (Speckle Reduction Imaging) reduces speckle noise in images affects edges and fine details which limit the contrast resolution and make diagnostic more difficult.
• Raw Data is a software tool that enables image processing, quick data re-acquisition, and image analysis with same resolution and same frame rates of original images. Raw Data helps shorten exam duration, improves clinical work flow by post-processing, and reduces a time to put probe on a patient.
• Auto IMT automates measurement of intima-media thickness of vessel. Auto IMT helps keep tracking atherosclerosis diseases from the early stage as it is developed.
• Scan Assistant is the customable scanning assistant tool that enables a user to save scanning protocols of each lab that help decrease key stokes up to 60~70% of ordinary operation. With fewer user’s action, an exam can be complete because a user does not need to move all around console and requires only one button push at most of exam.
• TSI (Tissue Synchronization Imaging) is a parametric imaging tool derived from tissue Doppler imaging, which portrays regional asynchrony on 2D echocardiographic pictures by transforming the timing of regional peak velocity during the ejection phase into color codes and overlying the moving myocardium. This allows immediate visual identification of a regional delay in systole while a quick quantitative measurement of regional delay can be taken.
• Automated Function Imaging (AFI) is a decision support tool for regional and global assessment of the LV systolic function. AFI is a tool derived from 2D Strain, which calculates the myocardial tissue deformation based on feature tracking on 2D grey scale loops.
• Auto EF is the function that automatically measure LV ejection fraction. Along with the Automated Function Imaging (AFI) feature, Auto EF maximizes time efficiency by the reproducible quantitative output that increases physician’s diagnostic confidence.
• Tissue Velocity Imaging (TVI) is myocardial Doppler Imaging with color overlay on tissue image available on the sector probes. Tissue color overlay can be removed to show just the 2D image, still retaining the tissue velocity information. Tissue Velocity Imaging (TVI) is an ultrasound based technique used for quantitative analysis of the cardiac function and has earlier been evaluated according to myocardial velocities. The technique is the same as for Doppler echocardiography, measuring flow velocities. Tissue signals however, have higher amplitude and lower velocities, and the signals are extracted by using different filter and gain settings.