GE Vivid S60 Dimensions and Weight:
• Width: 54 cm, 21.4″
• Depth: 76 cm, 30.2″
• Height: 138 cm – 168 cm, 54.4″ – 66.7″
• Minimum height with folded screen: 112 cm, 44.4″
• Weight: <73 kg, 161 lbs
GE Vivid S60 Specifications:
• Infinite number of effective channels
• Minimum field-of-view range (depth): 0 – 2 cm (zoom) (probe dependent)
• Maximum field-of-view range (depth): 0 – 36 cm (probe dependent)
• Width range: 10 – 120 degrees
• Continuous dynamic receive focus/ continuous dynamic receive aperture
• Continuous dynamic transmit focus
• Adjustable dynamic range, infinite upper level
GE Vivid S60 Electrical power:
• Nominal input voltage: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
• Rated power consumption: 500 VA
GE Vivid S60 Review:
The GE Vivid S70 and the GE Vivid S60 are GE’s new cardiovascular systems who cover a wide range of price points from midrange to high-end cardiac, effectively meeting the requirements of long-term GE Vivid S6 and GE Vivid S5 customers.
The GE Vivid S70 and the GE Vivid S60 are empowered by GE’s new cSound beamformer software and image reconstruction platform. However, the GE Vivid S60 does not support XDClear transducers like the GE Vivid S70 or the Vivid E series. The major difference with the GE Vivid S60 is that the GE Vivid S70 supports 4D TEE and XDclear technology.
The GE Vivid S60 is a good option for physicians considering to have high-end 2D and Doppler image quality without premium features. Its 19″ monitor seems a bit small when compared with those of competitors, such as the 21.5” wide LCD monitor from the Affiniti series. However, the larger 12″ LCD touchscreen will provide support for a more comfortable and efficient workflow.
The biggest weakness of the Vivid S70 and the Vivid S60 is the narrow range of transducers; there is only one linear option: the 9L-D. A couple of linear probes and an intraoperative probe are expected to be added soon. If 4D TEE is not a reason for purchasing a high-end cardiac system, then the GE Vivid S60, or a factory-refurbished GE Vivid E9 can be also be a great option to consider.
GE Vivid S60 Probes/Transducers:
Cardiac Sector Probe
3Sc-RS[1.3 – 4.5MHz]
6S-D [2.4 – 8.0MHz]
12S-D [4.0 – 12.0MHz
9L-D [2.4 – 10.0MHz]
C1-6-D [1.5 – 6.0MHz]
Non-imaging Doppler Probe
P2D [2 MHz]
Audult TEE Probe
6Tc-RS [3.0 – 8.0MHz]
Pediatric TEE Probe
9T-RS [3.0 – 10.0MHz]
Volume TEE Probe
6VT-D [3.0 – 8.0MHz]
GE Vivid S60 Features:
• 19″ wide screen High-Definition (HD) flicker-free LCD display
• 12″ ultra-high-resolution, multi-touch LCD wide screen
• 4 active probe ports and one CW port
• ECG port
• Integrated HDD
• Multiple USB ports (front/back)
• Integrated DVD-R multi drive (optional )
• On-board storage for B/W thermal printer
• Integrated speakers for premium sound
• Four swivel wheels – front wheel breaks, rear wheels direction lock
• Integrated cable management
• Easily accessible removable air filters for cleaning
• Front and rear handles
• Side storage trays
• Hand rest
• Automatic Optimization
• Speckle Reduction Imaging (SRI-HD)
• Coded phase inversion
• Tissue velocity M-mode
• Continuous wave Doppler
• Tissue M-mode
• Pulsed wave Doppler
• Anatomical M-mode
• Curved anatomical M-mode
• Tissue velocity imaging
• Tissue velocity Doppler
• Raw Data Analysis
• Real-time automatic Doppler calcs
• Tissue Tracking Mode
• Extended field-of-view (LOGIQView)
• LVO Contrast
GE Vivid S60 Peripheral Options:
• Sony Digital UP-D711 Termal Printer
• Sony Fixture Kit for Digital UP-D711 Thermal Printer
• Sony Digital UP-D25 Color Thermal Printer
• Sony Digital UP-D897 BW Thermal Printer
• Mitsubishi P93W/E Thermal Printer
• Mitsubishi P95DW Thermal Printer
• USB B/W video printer with control from system
• External USB printer connection
• 16 GB encrypted memory stick
• Three-pedal configurable footswitch
• Ethernet – 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps
• Multiple USB 2.0 ports
• RS-DLP Probe Adapter for TEE Probe
• Integrated gel holders
• ECG + AHA/IEC® Cables
GE Vivid S60 Supplies:
• Aquasonic ultrasound gel
• Sono ultrasound wipes
• Sony UPP-110HG thermal printing paper
• Sony UPC-21L color thermal printing pack
• Mitsubishi KP95HG thermal roll paper (new)
• Mitsubishi KP65HM-CE High density thermal paper
GE Vivid S60 ports:
• Ethernet – 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps
• Multiple USB 2.0 ports
GE Vivid S60 image storage:
• On-board database of patient information from past exams
• Storage formats:
– DICOM®-compressed or uncompressed, single/multi-frame, with/without raw data, storage via clipboard and/or seamlessly directly to destination device
– Transfer/ “Save As” JPEG, MPEG, AVI, DICOM, Raw DICOM and VolDicom formats
• Storage devices:
– USB memory stick: 16 GB
– CD-RW storage: 700 MB (DVD option required)
– DVD storage: -R (4.7 GB) (DVD option required)
– Hard drive image storage: 0.5 TB
• Compare old images with current exam
• Reload of archived data sets
• Activation control of USB devices
GE Vivid S60 Applications:
• Stress (optional )
• Peripheral vascular
• Fetal heart
• Neonatal cephalic
• Adult cephalic
• Small parts
• Rodent (optional )
• LVO contrast (optional )
GE Vivid S60 FAQs:
Auto Optimization is a one-touch image optimization function that a user uses to optimize the image, based on the actual B-mode image or Pulse wave Doppler data. The function works based on preset levels (Low, Medium, and High) and allows users to pick a preference for the contrast enhancement in the resulting image. Low does the least amount of contrast enhancement, high does the most. Auto Optimization is available in single or multi image, on live, frozen or CINE images (in B-Mode only), while in zoom, and in Spectral Doppler. Auto Optimization in PW Doppler Mode optimizes the spectral data. Auto adjusts the Velocity Scale (live imaging only), baseline shift, dynamic range, and invert (if preset). Upon deactivation, the spectrum is still optimized.
B-Flow utilizes gray scale imaging to visualize a blood flow with different gray intensities according to the reflectors speed and hemodynamics. B-Flow is less dependent on the user or scanning angle, while Color Doppler is heavily dependent on the scanning angle. It also provides higher frame rate and spatial resolution than Color Flow. B-Flow may help visualize vessel-wall irregularities, kidney perfusion, liver and spleen vasculature, and bladder reflux or jets.
Anatomical M-Mode helps improve accuracy of arrhythmia assessments and cardiac measurements. It enables to provide M Mode images truly perpendicular to ventricular septum.
Virtual Apex provides wider FOV in the nearfield. Available on sector probes.
Raw Data is a software tool that enables image processing, quick data re-acquisition, and image analysis with same resolution and same frame rates of original images. Raw Data shortens exam duration, improves clinical workflow by post-processing, and reduces a time to put the probe on a patient.
Auto IMT automates measurement of intima-media thickness of vessels. Auto IMT helps keep track of atherosclerosis diseases from the early stage as it is developed.
Tissue Velocity Imaging (TVI) is a myocardial Doppler Imaging with a color overlay on the tissue image that is available on the sector probes. Tissue color overlay can be removed to show just the 2D image, while still retaining the tissue velocity information. Tissue Velocity Imaging (TVI) is an ultrasound-based technique used for quantitative analysis of the cardiac function, and has earlier been evaluated according to myocardial velocities. The technique is the same as for Doppler echocardiography, which measures flow velocities. Tissue signals, however, have higher amplitude and lower velocities, and the signals are extracted by using different filter and gain settings.
TSI (Tissue Synchronization Imaging) is a parametric imaging tool derived from Tissue Velocity Imaging (TVI), which portrays regional asynchrony on 2D echocardiographic pictures. This image is portrayed by transforming the timing of regional peak velocity during the ejection phase into color codes and overlying the moving myocardium. This allows immediate visual identification of a regional delay in systole, while a quick quantitative measurement of regional delay can be taken.
Strain and Strain Rate are for evaluation of regional myocardial function, and for assessing synchronicity and guidance during biventricular pacing procedures. Strain and Strain Rate utilizes the TVI mode. Strain calculates and color-codes the extent of tissue deformation (lengthening or shortening) relative to the original size over a given time interval, typically the systole. Strain rate calculates and color-codes the deformation per unit time i.e. the speed at which the tissue deformation occurs. Strain rate is calculated as the spatial gradient of velocity data.
Auto EF is the function that automatically measures LV ejection fraction. Along with the Automated Function Imaging (AFI) feature, Auto EF maximizes time efficiency by the reproducible quantitative output that increases the physician’s diagnostic confidence.
Automated Function Imaging (AFI) is a decision support tool for regional and global assessment of the LV systolic function. AFI is a tool derived from 2D Strain, which calculates the myocardial tissue deformation based on feature tracking on 2D grey scale loops.
Left Ventricular Contrast imaging: The LV Contrast and LVO Stress applications are optimized for endocardial border detection and assessment of wall motion and wall thickening.
Contrast Low MI: enables real-time imaging, using a MI low enough to generate little tissue signal whilst generating sufficient signal from microbubbles. This allows continuous imaging as the low MI avoids significant bubble destruction. A flash of high MI ultrasound pulses can intentionally destroy microbubbles, while, contrast replenishment is then observed to allow qualitative and quantitative assessment of the myocardium utilizing a contrast agent.
Quantitative analysis (Q Analysis) software package is designed for analysis of TVI related (Tissue Tracking, Strain, Strain rate, TSI) and Contrast related raw data. Q Analysis traces for velocity or derived Parameters inside defined regions of interest as function of time.
3Sc-RS, 6S-D, 12S-D, 9L-D, C1-6-D, P2D, 6Tc-RS, 6VT-D, 9T-RS