Canon Xario 100 Platinum Review:
The Canon Xario Platinum series share the system architecture; therefore, functions in a manner similar to and are intended for the same use. The two Xario Platinum systems are relatively compact and lightweight, and also flexible. The console and touch screen are two unique strengths, compared to the similar grade systems from other OEMs that are customizable to optimize user’s workflow along with a physically adjustable height adjustment mechanism and articulated LCD arms. The articulated LCD arms is an option for the Xario 100 Platinum. The handle on the LCD monitor is a great idea that easily move the monitor into position. Quick Start menu may reduce keystrokes and shorten exam time. The user can improve ergonomics by using the one button instant image optimization.
The Canon Xario 100 Platinum is one of most affordable systems that supports a number of smart features that migrated from the Canon Aplio series from the last several years. The Canon Xario 100 Platinum is an affordable grade system, but with its clinically accepted superb gray scale and Doppler quality, selectable high end options such as Contrast Harmonic Imaging (CHI), Superb Micro Vascular Imaging (SMI), Elastography-FLR, Auto NT, and Luminance enable to position the Xario 100 Platinum higher by meeting the high clinical standard from physicians in many applications, especially General imaging and OB/GYN. For the dedicated cardiac application, the Canon Xario 100 Platinum has a choice of CW, Stress Echo, a full range of sector transducers, Pencil transducers, and adult TEE transducers.
The Canon Xario Platinum series also provide a number of clinical tools that enable wider clinical utilities and saves scanning time by providing better visualization in a short time. The Superb Micro Vascular Imaging (SMI) is one that increases physician’s clinical productivity and diagnostic efficiency with better visualization of low-velocity blood flow. The Contrast Harmonic Imaging (CHI) function is a unique feature that enables the second-harmonic wave signals from the microbubbles in the contrast medium to be visualized. The Elastography feature is a highly demanded option that allows tissue stiffness to be visualized based on the changes in velocity resulting from physical compression and decompression of the target region. The Canon Aplio Platinum series supports unique convex (PVT-350BTP) transducer that much improves the needle biopsy procedure by offering the method that a needle can be inserted and visualized in the middle of transducer, not from the edge of a transducer.
Historically, Canon systems provide a great choice of transducers. The Canon Xario Platinum series have been technically upgraded and clinically optimized for last ten years. These two systems are almost unique mid-end and affordable systems that meet high standard requirements from physicians who do in-depth studies with complete sets of transducers.
Canon Xario 100 Platinum Probes/Transducers:
Micro Convex Probe
Endo Cavity Probe
3/4D Convex Probe
Intra Operative Probe
BI Plane Probe
Linear Array Probe
Canon Xario 100 Platinum Features:
• 19-inch LCD monitor
• DVD/CD drive
• Wide View
• B/W printer mounting brackets
Canon Xario 100 Platinum Applications:
• Women’s Helacre Care(GYN & Breast)
• Small Parts(Breast, Thyroid, Testis…)
• Urology (Renal, Prostate…)
• Adult Echocardiography
• Pediatric Echocardiography
• Neonate Echocardiography
• Stress Echocardiography
• Adult Transesophageal Echocardiography
• Internal Medicine w/ Shared Service
• Interventional Radiology
• Contrast Imaging_General Imaging
• Contrast Imaging_Cardiac
• Bowel Imaging
• Strain Elastography
Canon Xario 100 Platinum FAQs:
• ApliPure reduces ultrasound wave interface within tissues, which appear as speckle patterns or speckle noise on 2D images.
• ApliPure+ can display the boundaries between tissues more clearly and reduce speckle noise and acoustic shadows.
• Precision Imaging allows structures in 2D-mode to be displayed more clearly and the background to be displayed more smoothly.
• Tissue Specific Optimization (TSO) automatically compensates the reception focus.
• Biopsy Enhancement Auto Mode (BEAM) is a function to provide a clearer visualization of biopsy needles in the live ultrasound image. The function provides three enhancement levels and automatically selects the best scan angle.
• 2D Quick Scan enables to automatically optimize the gain and time gain control in 2D mode.
• 2D Wall Motion Tracking semi-automatically extracts wall motion data from the 2D speckle data of the left ventricular myocardial images to be analyzed, and displays the status of myocardial motion.
• Parametric MFI allows temporal information to be displayed as a color map superimposed on the CHI-mode image (Contrast image for the period from the start of contrast medium reaches the target region).
• Luminance is a surface rendering technique that provides a softer, more natural visualization of the human skin resulting in images of photographic impression on quality. The function’s freely movable light source gives the user strong visual feedback on depth and detail. Changing the position of the light can help the user better identify pathological changes and skin defects.
• Elastography is the function that enables tissue stiffness to be visualized based on the changes in velocity resulting from physical compression and decompression of the target region.
• Panoramic View allows B/W images to be obtained with a wider field of view by moving the transducer in the lateral direction. Measurement using Panoramic View can be performed.
• FLEX-M is the function that allows any desired plane to be set on both the 2D-mode image and the M-mode image. The set plane can also be reconstructed.
• Auto NT is the function that semi-automatically measures the thickness of nuchal translucency between 12 to 14 weeks in the sagittal section.